Friday, February 24, 2012

An Incredible Team.

I am joining a team of amazing military spouses who have given back so much to our greater military community. I am honored to consider many of those in the MSOY family my friends already including the likes of Chelle McIntyre Brewer, Lori Bell, Mona Hatfield, Erin Whitehead, Megan Quinn Glynn, Crystal Cavalier, Laura Vanderwerf and Bianca Stralkowski (just to name a few and there are so many others)! These women are phenomenal and if you ever get a chance to talk with them, do! Listen, watch and learn by the example of citizenship and sacrifice they provide.

Military Spouse Magazine’s founder, Babette Maxwell, has created more than a title, and more than a magazine, but rather a welcoming community for all military spouses to do more and be more and to inspire more! This amazing platform she has created in the Military Spouse of the Year program empowers us to continue to do and give back to our peers and their families.
I am thrilled to be able to say that I get to work with some other outstanding individuals this year. They are my fellow branch winners: Jeremy Hilton (U.S. Air Force), El Brown (U.S. Army), Stephanie Geraghty (U.S. Marine Corps), Erin Strasburger (U.S. Navy), and Christine Gilbreath (U.S. National Guard).

Not only is Jeremy a fellow military veteran, but he has done some amazing things to support our exceptional and special needs families. I think he could quite literally move mountains if you ask him.

El Brown’s spirit just comes alive in all that I see about her. I haven’t even met her yet and I am invigorated by her passion for life and all that she does!

Stephanie’s fire emanates from her video as does her dedication to her program. She is quite obviously a go-getter! I think she can do so much with her energy and has already exhibited that she can.

Erin shares a lot of my interests and volunteer type of work so I know we will hit it off. Her compassion and dedication in her charitable work is quite admirable. I don’t know how she finds enough hours in the day to do what she does!

Last but certainly not least, Christine is a seasoned military spouse and also a fellow military veteran. She has given enormous amounts of her valuable time to work as a FRG leader and I am eager to chat with her about the Women’s Second Chance program and how I can help.

Please take the time to view all of their inspiring profiles and read about them and what they are doing to support our community at: http://msoy.milspouse.com/

These folks are doing big things to support to others while they hold down their respective homefronts. That is not an easy task! I applaud them all and I am humbled to be in their company. I cannot wait to join forces with them and learn from them and how we can support you all together as one awesome team!

No comments:

Post a Comment